Aluminium Cladding Sheets
In the construction sector, aluminium cladding sheets are widely used thanks to their physical and chemical properties. Their use is mainly due to some factors: they provide protection against atmospheric agents; they reflect part of the solar radiation; they are light enough to facilitate installation; they are resistant to corrosion and therefore suitable for external use.
Aluminium sheets in construction
In the construction sector, as well as for the creation of cladding and roofing, aluminium sheets are also used for the production of other components:
- Windows and doors: Aluminium windows, doors and window frames are common in many private, industrial and commercial properties.
- Ventilated facades: buildings with cladding systems such as ventilated facades use aluminium panels to improve the thermal and acoustic insulation of the building.
- Ventilation and air conditioning systems: resistance, corrosion and lightness mean that aluminium sheets are also used for ducts and components of ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Downpipes and gutters: due to its resistance to corrosion, aluminium is also used for the construction of downspouts and gutters, necessary for the management of rainwater.
- Aluminium composite panels: Consisting of a central layer of thermoplastic polyethylene between two sheets of aluminium, composite panels are used for cladding, advertising signs and decorations due to their lightness, strength and design flexibility.
Aluminium Foil Insulation
Aluminium foil insulation is great at thermal insulation, acting as a barrier to heat loss through the roof, wall or floor. In particular, aluminium is used in thermal insulation systems for: radiant barriers, insulating panels, structures to reflect solar radiation, reflective covers for ducts and pipes. The use of aluminum foil in these systems helps to improve the energy efficiency of buildings, reducing energy consumption and providing thermal comfort to occupants.
Laminazione Sottile supplies aluminium sheets and foils in different thicknesses and sizes. Our products can be used in different application markets, from HVAC to construction. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!