Aluminium sheet: what is it for?
Aluminium is a light and ductile material: it can easily be worked into new shapes such as strips, plates and foils. It’s also resistant to corrosion and can be recycled without losing any of its fundamental properties. These characteristics mean that its applications such as aluminium sheets are also required and used in several sectors.
Aluminium Sheets: markets and applications
Let’s explore some of the more common uses of aluminum sheets:
- Packaging: Aluminum sheets are commonly used by the food and beverage industry for packaging. Aluminium is an ideal metal for canned goods as it’s malleable and allows for easy machining. It’s used both for food containers and for thinner and lighter cans. One of the many benefits of using aluminium for food and beverage packaging is that it won’t rust.
- Automotive: aluminum sheet is commonly used in the automotive sector and in particular in the production of bodywork components and car panels. Aluminium has become more popular than steel in modern automobile manufacturing due to its light weight. Every kilogram of aluminium used in a car reduces the overall weight by one kilogram. For this reason, more and more vehicle parts are being made from aluminium including engine radiators, wheels, bumpers and suspension parts.
- Household Appliances: Due to its light weight, structural strength and heat capacity, aluminium sheet is also the choice for a wide range of household appliances including washing machines, tumble dryers and refrigerators. As well as for components of devices such as laptops and phones.
- Pans: resistance and lightness are also the advantages that allow the sheets to be worked to make pots. Furthermore, aluminium is also an excellent conductor of heat, which makes it ideal for pans that need to distribute heat evenly.
- Construction: aluminum sheets have a wide range of applications in the construction and building sectors as well. Some of the many uses of aluminium include gutters, siding, roofing, and siding. After steel, aluminium is the second most used metal in construction.
Laminazione Sottile supplies aluminum sheets, plates and strips for various sectors. If interested, don’t hesitate to contact us for further explanations!