Aluminium checker plate
Unlike other types of plate, the aluminium checker plate is obtained through a molding process – embossing – which repeatedly impresses three-dimensional reliefs on the surface. This procedure takes place through the alternating application of heat and pressure on the flat sheet which passes between rolls with dies following the desired pattern.
Usually, aluminium checker plates also known as tread plates, have greater traction and slip resistance than flat ones; this peculiarity makes them a widespread choice especially in the building sector for the construction of floors, stairs and vehicle ramps.
Advantages of aluminium checker plates
A checker plate obviously has different characteristics and advantages compared to a smooth aluminium sheet. So what are its particularities and why should it be chosen over a different type of sheet metal?
- Durability and wear resistance: it is ideal for high traffic areas
- Lightweight and easy to work with: allows for easy setup and simple transportation
- Corrosion Resistant: suitable for outdoor and industrial applications
- Easy to clean and maintain, with a low maintenance design
- Environmentally friendly: being made of aluminum it is infinitely and 100% recyclable
- Available in different RAL colours: it allows a wide range of aesthetic options
Aluminium checker plates can be produced in different formats and usually has a thickness of 2 millimeters. Obviously, the specific weight will also vary based on the thickness.