Outdoor use of aluminium sheet
Aluminium sheet is the most widely used aluminium product in industrial application and in particular, in building and construction. This happens because aluminium is a material that can be easily used for external use thanks to its properties:
Aluminium sheet: advantages
- Corrosion resistance: when aluminium comes into contact with oxygen a protective coating forms. This layer protects the surface from corrosion
- Thermal Conductivity: this material is an excellent conductor of heat. For this reason aluminium heat sink is the most widely used product for thermal solutions
- Electrical Conductivity: aluminium sheets are replacing copper sheets all around the world because they are much cheaper than copper and, in addition, a higher conductance of aluminium allows transmitting more electricity using the same infrastructure
- Versatility: this material can be processed to be thin, lightweight, bendable and even crushable by human hands or processing machine
- Aesthetics: aluminium can be lacquered with different colours. Some lacquers enhance aluminium’s properties making this material more attractive
Aluminium sheet: main applications
Aluminium sheet is widely used for external outdoor applications but generally it’s found in all of the aluminum industry’s major markets. In rigid packaging it’s used to manufacture cans and containers. In transportation, aluminium sheet is used to manufacture panels for automobile bodies. This material is so much used because it can be endlessly recycled while keeping material properties. Recycling aluminium sheet saves more than 90 percent of the energy otherwise required to produce primary aluminum.
To have more info about aluminium world, subscribe to our Newsletter!