Aluminium sheets: sizes and applications
The sizes of aluminium sheets vary considerably based on the different final applications: the dimensions may depend on the structural, aesthetic, functional and production needs of the reference markets. In general, aluminium sheets can be available in a wide range of thicknesses, widths and lengths to meet the specific requirements of each industrial or commercial sector. In some cases, however, it also happens that these products are ordered custom-made.
Custom aluminium sheets
Custom aluminium sheets are often preferred to exactly meet project needs, reduce material waste and allow for unique and specific projects. In particular, customized aluminum sheets are requested for various reasons:
- Adaptation to market needs: applications may require aluminium sheets with precise dimensions to fit certain spaces, projects or specific functions.
- Strength and stiffness requirements: sheet sizes may be determined by the strength and stiffness requirements demanded to perform a particular function. Thicker sheets can offer greater strength and stability in some applications.
- Minimize waste: requesting custom-made aluminium sheets can reduce material waste. Using precisely sized plates helps minimize additional cuts or disposal of unused parts, thus optimizing production efficiency.
- Flexibility and Versatility: acquiring custom aluminium sheets offers flexibility in the manufacturing process. Customers can get sheets of different shapes and thicknesses to suit their needs without having to adapt to the standard sizes available.
- Reduce Processing Time: in some cases, purchasing custom-made aluminium sheets can reduce processing time. If the sheets are already supplied in the desired dimensions, this can eliminate the need for additional cutting and finishing work, speeding up the manufacturing process.
Gruppo Laminazione Sottile can supply custom or standard aluminium sheets based on the different needs of customers and application sectors. To get an idea of the services offered, take a look at our Online Catalog and our dedicated Brochures!