The use of aluminium foil
Aluminium foils are used in a wide range of markets such as food packaging, automotive, aerospace, construction, electronics, medical industry and others. Versatility, ease-of-processing, corrosion resistance and light weight make these products attractive to many industries. Furthermore, as the years pass, the search for sustainable materials is growing more and more, leading to an increase in the demand for aluminium as well as attention to the environment.
Aluminium foil for food and aluminium foil for covering
Aluminium foils are used to create finished products to use in many sectors. They are commonly used to wrap food, but industries also use them for covering. In particular, however, there are different markets in which they can be used:
- Construction Industry: aluminium foil is used for cladding, roofing and decorative panels for residential and commercial buildings.
- Food industry: aluminium is used for the production of beverage cans, food containers and boxes.
- Automotive: foils are used to make lightweight automotive parts such as panels, bodies, engine and suspension components.
- Aerospace Industry: aircraft and spacecraft often employ aluminium due to its light weight, which helps reduce overall weight, thus improving fuel efficiency.
- Electronics: foils are used in the manufacture of components and shells for electronic devices such as computers, smartphones and other portable devices.
- Flexible packaging industry: aluminium is used to produce thin, flexible sheets used as food and drug wraps, offering protection and maintaining product freshness.
- Aerospace and defense: they are used in the manufacture of aeronautical structures and military vehicle parts.
- Equipment industry: kitchen accessories, catering and machine tools often use aluminium parts as it is particularly resistant to corrosion and temperature.
- Energy industry: aluminium foil is used to manufacture components in solar panels and electrical transmission systems.
- Naval sector: aluminium is used in nautical construction to create light and durable structures.
- Crafts and Hobbies: aluminium foil is used in many art and hobby activities such as engraving, embossing and craft jewelry making.
Laminazione Sottile supplies aluminium foil for industries belonging to different sectors. To get an idea of our products, take a look at our Catalogue!